Find Mason & Remy Videos and Party Jams On-Demand!
We've seen concert tickets sell out in less than 5 minutes with Taylor Swift and Jason Aldean but why? We know they're popular but it's gotta take longer than 5 minutes to get 40,000 people a seat!!
Here are 6 forces working against you when purchasing concert tickets:
1. Credit Card Presales - Credit card companies will reserve a certain number of tickets for cardholders.
2. Fan Clubs - Bands will allocate a certain number of tickets to fan club members. Not all of them are "fans." Some are scalpers.
3. Bands, scalping their own tickets - sometimes bands have a tour rider that says a certain amount of tix need to be set aside. They resell them on Stubhub.
4. Scalper Bots - Computer programs designed to flood a particular site with ticket requests as fast as possible.
5. Inflated Service Fees - Expensive (great) seats are more expensive now because service fees are higher.
6. Guest list and VIP - yeah, pretty self explanatory. The "VIP's" also count.
Full Article: Buzzfeed