According to a new poll, the average American spends 36 hours a week either working, commuting, or taking care of household chores. And for people with full-time jobs, it's 55 hours.
Meanwhile, the average person has 20 hours of FREE time each week. People with kids have 15 hours, while people without kids have 25. And the most popular thing we do with that free time is . . . yep, watch TV. Here's the top ten.
1. Watching TV. 42% of people said it's one of the top three things they do with their free time.
2. Reading, 37%. Although, it was actually the TOP answer for WOMEN, with 48%.
3. Surfing the Internet, 19%
4. Socializing, 18%
5. Watching movies, 11%
6. Going to the gym, 10%
7. Playing video games, 10%
8. Walking, running, or jogging, 8%
9. Gardening, 7%
10. Listening to, or playing, music, 7%
Here's even more proof that life is better for the beautiful people, and totally unfair for the rest of us trolls.
Researchers looked at more than 8,000 men and women in Wisconsin, analyzed each person's career, and tried to figure out what factors had the strongest connection with success.
And they found GOOD LOOKS had more of an impact on people's success than IQ, education, or their parents' education.
In fact, good looks are really the ONE THING that guarantees a successful career.
The researchers say it could be because good looking people are CONFIDENT enough to get good jobs . . . or because employers subconsciously want to hire better-looking people.
Even if you don't regularly dream, you can probably remember at least one that was off-the-wall INSANE. Here are seven random things that can influence the kind of dreams you have . . .
1. Your favorite sleeping position. That's the one you usually wake up in. Stomach sleepers tend to have erotic and perverse dreams. If you sleep on your left side, you have more nightmares.
Right-side sleepers have the most relaxing dreams. And they also feel the best in the morning.
2. Whether or not you had music lessons as a kid. People who had music lessons early . . . while their brains were still developing . . . usually have music in their dreams. Sometimes it's music they've never even heard before.
3. The kind of cheese you like. Cheddar cheese supposedly inspires peaceful dreams. And blue cheese, especially the pungent stuff, causes freaky ones.
4. The planet's magnetic field. Basically, if the earth's geomagnetic activity is calm, your body can produce more melatonin. That's a sleep hormone, so you sleep better and have more vivid dreams.
5. What time you go to bed. Night owls have more nightmares. The theory is that if you go to bed late, you're waking up EARLIER than you naturally would. Probably in the middle of a deep sleep. And that's when intense dreams tend to happen.